Putting the fun back into the web!

Hey everyone, you may have noticed that earthpages.org has a new permanent home at Blogger. Things were getting pretty stale at WordPress.com, so when they asked for payment to remove a new ad that destroyed my old blog's aesthetic, I realized it was time for a change.

Hmm... not quite as good-looking as me but it'll do! 😊

At first, it seemed like a hasty jump. I wasn't sure I could get Blogger to give me what I needed. But after a bit of research, I learned that almost everything at the old blog can be created here. And the Blogger interface is much faster, which makes a difference when you just want to get your stuff out as quickly as possible.

So I'm having fun again. It's been a while.

Working on the latest "Earthpages.org" banner reminded me of the early days of the internet when I was just learning how to use different freebie photo editors. These days I have Photoshop Elements which came bundled with our scanner. It's not Photoshop but good enough. With a bit of patience and workarounds, you can get some pretty decent effects.

I hope the fun I'm having comes through with the new Earthpages. It feels like "me" again! And it's been far too long since I've felt that way. No longer just going through the motions, I'm genuinely enthused!

Thanks,

Michael W. Clark, PhD.

Comments